Thursday 19 February 2015

Review: Conspiracy Girl - Sarah Alderson

Conspiracy Girl by Sarah Alderson, published by Simon and Schuster on 12th February 2015

Goodreads synopsis:
Everybody knows about the Cooper Killings – the Bel Air home invasion that rocked the nation.
There was only one survivor - a sixteen year-old girl.  And though the killers were caught they walked free.

Now eighteen, Nic Preston - the girl who survived - is trying hard to rebuild her life. She’s security conscious to the point of paranoia and her only friend is a French Mastiff bulldog, but she’s making progress. She’s started college in New York and has even begun dating.

But then one night her apartment is broken into and the life Nic’s worked so hard to create is shattered in an instant.

Finn Carter - hacker, rule breaker, player – is the last person Nic ever wants to see again. He’s the reason her mother’s killers walked free from court. But as the people hunting her close in, Nic has to accept that her best and possibly only chance of staying alive is by keeping close to Finn and learning to trust the person she’s sworn to hate.



 Review:
This may be my favourite Sarah Alderson book yet.  It knocked my socks off! 

Tense, exciting, thrilling and with a drop-dead gorgeous and irresistible male co-lead, it was definitely my kind of book.  I couldn't get enough of the characters or the story.  It was utterly amazing and gripping and I never wanted it to end.

Eighteen year old Nic is trying to put her life back together.  She has built some pretty impenetrable walls around herself and she is not about to let them down for anything or anyone.  That is until everything around her starts to crumble and she is once again facing danger from every corner.  A computer genius and hacker, Finn is the only one who seems able to protect her and the two end up going on the run, chased by people who are determined to see her dead.

I was hooked after the first chapter and desperate to find out how the plot was going to unfold.  This meant that I had to stay glued to my seat for several hours as there is no way I was putting this book down!  I was intrigued about the reason behind Nic losing her family but I certainly didn't guess the real reason behind her loss.  I liked the way that Sarah Alderson tied in elements of the storyline with real life events, as it lent an air of authenticity to proceedings.     

Now onto Finn ...I'm willing to fight anyone for him!  He's hiding a lot of secrets but he's also geeky and gorgeous and pretty much perfect in my eyes.  He goes above and beyond to protect Nic and from the moment he came into the story, I fell head over heels for him. 

Sarah Alderson keeps her foot on the gas the whole time, as the tension builds from one extreme to another.  I loved it!  This book was everything a great YA thriller should be with a gorgeous boy who has a heart of gold and a kick-ass, tough heroine at the helm.  I can't recommend this book enough and I will be urging everyone I know to read it immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails