Thursday 12 March 2015

Review: Bodyguard: Ransom - Chris Bradford

Bodyguard: Ransom by Chris Bradford, published by Puffin on 1st May 2014 

Goodreads synopsis:
With a successful high-profile assignment under his belt, Connor’s services are now in great demand. Maddox Sterling, the world famous Australian media mogul, hires him and fellow bodyguard Ling to protect his two children, Ella and Lilly.

His daughter Ella has already been a kidnap victim and Mr Sterling will spare no expense in securing their safety. Colonel Black promises a watertight operation, but Connor knows twins mean twice the trouble!


Review:
Teenage bodyguard Connor Reeves is back in a new and exciting adventure. ‘Ransom’ sees him assigned to protect the twin daughters of a media mogul. But this time he has to put his protection skills into action at sea and away from any kind of back-up.

I loved the first book in this series and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a new instalment. Exciting, fast-paced, gripping and a real thrill-ride, it’s everything and more I look for in a book! The whole idea of teenage bodyguards or buddyguards, as they are known, is fascinating and I enjoyed seeing all the training they have to do to ensure that they are up to the job. Although Connor initially questions himself, he is definitely more than capable of protecting those in his charge.  

I thought setting the story at sea was a nice change too and meant that we got to see Connor learning a whole new set of survival skills. It kept the story fresh and original and presented new challenges which our hero had to overcome. I’m a huge Connor fan and I think male readers in particular will really like and admire him. He always seems to be able to keep a clear head and he’s not one to back down from a challenge, however difficult it may be.  

Brilliantly paced, extremely exciting and packed full of adventure, danger and intrigue, I loved it. I can’t get enough of this series. The next book, ‘Ambush’ is out in May 2015.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails