Monday 19 December 2016

My Favourite Books of 2016

2016 has been another up and down book year for me.  I have to admit that I gave up on a lot of titles that failed to grab my attention.  This is something that I would never have done in the past but my new philosophy is that there are far too many books out there that I do want to read to persevere with ones that I'm not enjoying.  There were a few highlight titles for me but sadly not enough to make my usual top ten, so instead here's my 2016 top five list.  These are in no particular order and have not necessarily been published this year.

1. Mistletoe and Murder by Robin Stevens
Published by Puffin
 
A festive five star read! I absolutely adore this series and I loved everything about 'Mistletoe and Murder', from the perfect snowy Cambridge setting, to the ingenious murder mystery, to the wonderful cast of characters. I devoured this in one sitting.   
 
 
 
2. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Published by Bloomsbury
 
Words cannot describe how much I love Sarah J. Maas. Her books are utter perfection and 'A Court of Mist and Fury' was probably THE book which most knocked my socks off in 2016.


 
  3. Jolly Foul Play by Robin Stevens
Published by Puffin
 
Robin Stevens is the only author to have two titles in my top five books of 2016. If you haven't read this series yet then what are you waiting for.
 
 
 4. Oblivion by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published by Hodder
 
The return of Katy and Daemon meant that this was definitely one of my most anticipated books of the year and also one of the best. It was fantastic seeing so many familiar faces again and this newest installment did not disappoint.
 

  5. The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May
Published by Gollancz
 
Utterly gripping, this was a fast paced page turner. Exciting, riveting and impossible to put down, I loved it. I wish there wasn't such a long wait though for the next book in the series.
 
 
Comment and let me know what your favourite books of 2016 were.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed ACOMAF too! Can't wait to see what happens next. I loved The Vanishing Throne as well, though I agree that it sucks that there's such a long wait until book three.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails