Friday 15 July 2011

News: Shadow of the Wolf - Tim Hall

Exciting news from Random House Children's Books!  I love hearing about new future new book titles and this one definitely had me interested as I'm a big Robin Hood fan.  I've added it to my wishlist already!

David Fickling Books has just acquired debut author Tim Hall's new YA Robin Hood trilogy.  This is a Robin Hood that's more 'heroic and horrific than ever before' and features a fourteen year old Robin as you've never seen him before. The first book in the trilogy is called 'Shadow Wolf' and is set in Sherwood Forest in medieval England. 

I love it when authors put a fresh, new spin on a classic tale and I can't wait to see what Tim Hall's vision of the character is like and if all my favourite faces such as Friar Tuck and Will Scarlett pop up along the way, as well as the Sheriff of Nottingham and Guy of Gisbon.   

Described as being "packed full of dark drama and unexpected plot twists", this definitely sounds like a series not to be missed.  There's no news yet on a publication date but I will keep you posted and let you know more as soon as there's a firm date for the first book in the trilogy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails