Monday 30 December 2013

My Favourite Books of 2013

I've read so many fantastic books in 2013 that it's been incredibly difficult trying to choose my top ten favourite titles.  I've picked books that have been impossible to put down and have kept me up reading until late into the night, as well as books which have made me want to start reading them again as soon as I've got to the end.  These are in particular order and have not necessarily been published this year.

1. Angelfall by Susan Ee
 
I said - 'A stunning, spellbinding story which absolutely captivated me. It's hard to list all the things I loved about it but it pulled at my heartstrings and captured my imagination'.  This is one of the best angel books I've ever read.
 
 
2. The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines
 
I said - 'The Vincent Boys' is the hottest book of 2013. If you're trying to banish those winter blues then I would recommend picking up this title immediately'. 
 
 
 3. Losing It by Cora Carmack
 
I said - ''Losing It' is one of my top books of 2013 and is a 5 star read! It has wonderful characters, a sizzling romance, a brilliant plot and so many memorable moments that it would be hard to pick a favourite'.  If you love New Adult fiction then you need to read this book.   
 
 
 4. Because of Low by Abbi Glines
 
I said - ''Because of Low', the second book in Abbi Glines Sea Breeze series, is a steamy New Adult romance that was so good I devoured it in one sitting and then went back and read all my favourite parts again.'
 
 
 5. All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
 
I said - 'It's no exaggeration to say that this is the must-read book of the year. Whether you've got to beg, borrow or steal a copy, I implore you to get your hands on it. Utterly tense, exciting and gripping, this book will keep you up all night reading, as well as the night after that when you'll be re-reading it all over again'.
 
 
 6. As You Were by Samantha Summers
 
I said - 'The whole book is a real roller-coaster of a ride. Each chapter is packed full of excitement, fraught with danger and laced with romance. There is also a jaw-dropping revelation at the end which makes me even more desperate to find out what lies in store next.'
 
 
7. Becoming by Samantha Summers
 
I said - ''Becoming' was a superb read which delivered romance, adventure, action and excitement in spades! I was absolutely engrossed in the story and found it compulsive reading. I'm so sad that the series is over because I've become invested in the characters and their lives and I don't want the adventure to end. I'm going to be re-reading the trilogy over and over again because I have so many favourite moments that I want to go back and relive'.  I can't wait to see what Samantha Summers writes next but I won't give up hope that she might return to Ronnie and Kalen at some point! 
 
 
 8. The Trap by Andrew Fukuda
 
I said - 'Andrew Fukuda is an incredible writer. The scenes in the book leap off the page as his writing leads you on a journey full of horror, terror and danger. There are some wonderfully rich descriptive passages in the book which made everything feel very real and frankly left me quite terrified at times'.  This series is brilliant and the concluding instalment provided explosive action and adventure.       
 
 
 9. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
 
I said - 'I can't get enough of Abbi Glines's books. She really can't write them fast enough for me. They are sooo good!'  I love the residents of Rosemary Beach and this story about Blaire and Rush delivered the perfect romance.   
 
 
 10. While It Lasts by Abbi Glines
 
I said - 'What I particularly loved about the story was the fact that when I was reading it, I was completely swept away from reality and ended up totally engrossed in the characters' lives. I enjoy realism in books but sometimes I just want a break from real life and 'While It Lasts' delivered that for me.'
 
 
 Comment and let me know if you've read any of these and what your personal favourites of 2013 were.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails