Sunday 29 August 2010

Twilight saga

When these books were first published, I have to admit that they kind of passed me by. Then the films were released and I thought it was about time to see what all the fuss was about. I'm so, so glad that I did because I have not enjoyed reading a series of books more than these for a long time. While I was devouring each one, I couldn't sleep properly for thinking about Bella and Edward and worrying about what was going to happen to them. Would Jacob ever find his perfect match? Would Charlie discover Bella's secret? How was it all going to end?

These books completely took over my life. They were all-consuming. I was torn between wanting them to last and last, which resulted in me reading passages really slowly and then dying to find out what was going to happen in the next chapter, so that I ended up not being able to put each one down for hours at a time.

If I had to sum up what I loved about the series the most, it would obviously be the relationship between Bella and Edward. They love they had for each other was pure and true and pretty much unshakeable. Whether they lived forever as immportal beings or only spent a mortal lifetime together, they were always meant for each oter. They would have been prepared to die rather than live on without the other. Bella was selfless and Edward devoted. Their love was everything you'd hope love to be.

I've read some reviews of the books that have criticised Stephenie Meyer's writing for being clumsy and juvenile, but I didn't find that at all. I thought that there was an extraordinary depth and emotion to each story and she'd created an incredible world that when you were reading, you felt totally a part of.

I'd definitely give each one of the books in the series 5 out of 5. I'm desperately hoping that Stephenie Meyer might eventually add to the saga too! I'd love to read the full version of 'Midnight Sun'.


1 comment:

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails