Tuesday 2 October 2012

Review: The Demon Trappers: Foretold - Jana Oliver

The Demon Trappers: Foretold by Jana Oliver, published by Macmillan Children's Books on 2nd August 2012

Goodreads synopsis:
Riley’s always known that Beck had a chequered history, but she’s not prepared for what it actually means to be in love with a guy with this many dark secrets. Now that he’s finally admitted to himself that he’s in love with her too, there’s no more hiding the truth about his past. And as it turns out, fending off a demon apocalypse is nothing compared to what’s to come...



Review:
Wow!  I sat for five hours straight reading this stunning final instalment in The Demon Trapper's series by Jana Oliver.  It was utterly brilliant!  There was simply no way I could put it down until I reached the end.  Jana Oliver must be praised for delivering an ending which will thrill all fans of these fantastic books.  This is a series which has just kept getting better and better.

The story focuses predominantly on the relationship between Riley and Beck.  At long last we get to look into Beck's past and discover why he's been holding himself back from Riley for so long.  Journeying to the town where he grew up, I enjoyed enormously the insight into why Beck has become the man he is.  It explained a lot about his character and personality and if possible endeared me to him even more than before.  I love Beck and everything about him!  I like the fact that the book provides a proper conclusion to them as a couple and there were some scenes that I loved so much they made my heart thump wildly!

I was really pleased with the fact that Oliver dealt with all the plot strands that have been building since the beginning and nothing was left dangling and unfinished.  The concluding part of the story features the showdown between heaven and hell which is explosive and action-packed.  This series has definitely gone out on a high, although I of course would still love to read more of these truly amazing books. 

After five hours I turned the final page with a huge smile on my face at the most perfect ending imaginable.  I could have easily stayed there for another five hours and read the book all over again.  If you're already a fan of this series then I guarantee you will adore 'Foretold' and if you haven't yet discovered these books then you shouldn't wait any longer before you get your hands on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails