Wednesday 9 February 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #16

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine that spotlights eagerly awaited upcoming releases.  Head on over there to take part or to check out all the other fabulous books that people are looking forward to reading! 
Wood Angel by Erin Bow
Published by Chicken House on 7th March 2011
 

Plain Kate lives in a time afraid of magic.

She has a gift for carving ‘lucky’ wooden-charms. Known as Witch-Blade, her unusual gift attracts dangerous attention in a place where witches are burned. When her village falls on bad times, suspicion falls on Kate. Scared for her life, she seeks the help of a mysterious stranger.

In exchange for her shadow, the stranger will assist her, but Kate becomes part of a terrifying plan, darker than she ever dreamed.

This one's been on my horizon for a while and is Erin Bow's debut novel.  Not only does it sound fantastic but just look at that cover!  It's extremely covetable!  I've read some fantastic 5 star reviews for the book and luckily it's published in a few weeks so I'll be able to get my hands on it.

4 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this one too! The cover is awesome :D Though I'm still not sure whether I like it more than the US one... Just have to wait and see :) Great pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks really pretty and sounds good too. I'm gonna add this to my TBR list asap.


    Chelsea @ Rand0m Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I'm just going through my dashboard and visiting all the blogs I follow. You're right about this cover-- how pretty! Definitely something that will catch readers eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to this one too! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails