Wednesday 31 August 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #38

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine that spotlights eagerly awaited upcoming releases.  Head on over there to take part or to check out all the other fabulous books that people are looking forward to reading! 

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Published by Hodder and Stoughton on 29th September 2011


Featuring necklaces made of wishes; an underground shop dealing in teeth; magical tattoos; a wishbone on a cord, Daughter of Smoke and Bone is a thrilling story about Karou and her secret life as an apprentice to a wishmonger. Karou manages to keep her two lives in balance. On the one hand, she is a seventeen-year-old art student in Prague; on the other, errand-girl to an inhuman creature who deals in wishes and is the closest thing she has to family. Her life is surrounded by mysteries she is desperate to unveil.

I haven't read anything by Laini Taylor before but I have read some amazing reviews of this book and immediately had to add it to my huge wishlist.  It sounds like it has a very unique storyline and the synopsis definitely has me well and truly intrigued.  Luckily it's published in a few weeks so I won't have too long to wait to get my hands on a copy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails