Wednesday 8 December 2010

YA Historical Fiction Challenge 2011

I'm going to take part in YA Bliss's YA Historical Challenge for 2011 because this is a genre which I absolutely love.

You can find out more about the challenge and also join to take part here.

Historical fiction: tells a story that is set in the past. That setting is usually real and drawn from history, and often contains actual historical persons, but the principal characters tend to be fictional. Writers of stories in this genre, while penning fiction, attempt to capture the spirit, manners, and social conditions of the persons or time(s) presented in the story, with due attention paid to period detail and fidelity. (Wikipedia)

I'm going to try the Level 3 Challenge which is to read 15 YA HF books in 2011.

Here are the Rules:
  • All Historical Fiction books must be YA or MG
  • Books don't have to be 2011 releases.
  • Anyone can join. Please link to a public (web) place I can find you.
  • You can join at anytime. The challenge runs from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011

Here are some of the books I want to read (I will be adding to this list shortly):




1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thank you for joining! Cate of the Lost Colony is AWESOOOME! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails