Monday 19 May 2014

Review: Searching for Someday - Jennifer Probst

Searching for Someday by Jennifer Probst, published by Simon and Schuster on 26th November 2013

Goodreads synopsis:
Kate has given up on love—at least for herself. She is both blessed and cursed with the ability to sense a romantic connection between two people—a gift that her family passed down for generations. When Kate launches her own matchmaking company, Kinnection, with her two best friends in a cozy New York town, she has to put aside her own romantic disasters to make her business a success.
But when a furious man stalks into her office and accuses her business of being a scam, Kate is given the ultimate challenge to prove herself. Slade puts himself in her hands and asks Kate to find him love. Enraged at his arrogance but stubbornly eager to prove herself, Kate agrees, dedicating herself to the journey of finding him love…only to find herself falling for him along the way.



Review:
'Searching for Someday' is a sparkling romance with a slight touch of the paranormal.  I absolutely loved it and it made for the perfect weekend read.  It's the first in a new series which I will definitely be following.  It's also my first Jennifer Probst book and as I enjoyed it so much I will now be trying to get my hands on her back catalogue.

This title really fits into the adult romance genre rather than new-adult.  The characters are all in their thirties and have successful careers which often seem to stand in their way of finding love.  The story centres around Kate, who owns a match-making business with her friends called Kinnections.  Kate has inherited the ability to tell from a single touch if a couple are destined to be soul mates.  This comes in handy when she's pairing together members of the opposite sex but so far hasn't helped her to find her own Mr Right. 

Kate undertakes the challenge of finding a match for divorce lawyer Slade Montgomery who is more than a touch cynical about the whole process of finding love.  Their relationship starts off on rocky ground but soon sparks start to fly.  The question is, will Kate deny their connection or has she found her own soul mate?  I loved the way in which Jennifer Probst kept the sexual tension high between Kate and Slade.  They have bantering down to a fine art and the attraction they share is evident right from the first time they meet, but instead of giving into their feelings, they dance around each other and refuse to acknowledge how they feel.  Their romance kept me on the edge of my seat and their scenes together nearly set the pages of my book on fire!

I loved the underlying theme in the book of not giving up on others, even if they are struggling with personal demons.  We all need somebody to believe in us.  This is no where more in evidence than in the bond that Kate shares with her rescue dog Robert.  He was absolutely adorable.  I'm not kidding you, you will fall in love with him!  He steals every scene he's in and made me laugh, smile and cry.

I'm dying to read the second book in the series, 'Searching For Perfect' which is about Kate's best-friend Kennedy.  I don't know how I'm going to stand the wait! 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful review!
    When I saw this new book by Jennifer Probst I was intrigued and the cover convinced me to add it to my TBR. Now with your review I think I'm going to bumpy it up on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails