Wednesday 1 October 2014

Review: Day 21 - Kass Morgan

Day 21 by Kass Morgan, published by Hodder on 25th September 2014

Goodreads synopsis:
It's been 21 days since The 100 landed on Earth. They're the only humans to set foot on the planet in centuries... or so they thought. Facing an unknown enemy, Wells attempts to keep the group together. Clarke strikes out for Mount Weather, in search of other Colonists, while Bellamy is determined to rescue his sister, no matter the cost. And back on the ship, Glass faces an unthinkable choice between the love of her life and life itself.


Review:
I am a huge fan of The 100 television series and an even bigger fan of the original book on which the show is based so I was extremely eager to get stuck into the sequel.  I devoured it in one evening and enjoyed it immensely.  Kass Morgan has kept the pace fast, the plot intriguing and the characters interesting and I enjoyed this one as much, if not more than the original.  If like me, you are hooked on the show then I would definitely recommend getting your hands on the books.

It's twenty-one days since the hundred landed on earth and they have discovered that they are not alone.  As the characters struggle to get along together and survive in their new environment, there is an even bigger threat to their safety lurking on the periphery. 

The narrative once again alternates between Glass, Clarke, Wells and Bellamy.  I love all four characters and I enjoyed getting to see their differing perspectives on events.  Wells has always been one of my favourites and I liked him even more this time around as he tries to be a strong leader to the rest of the group. Glass really grew on me too and I was gripped to her part of the story which takes place back in space.  The people who remain behind on the ships are in even more danger than the hundred but I thought that Glass handled the threat with real courage and bravery.  She is determined that nothing will come between her and Luke and is willing to fight for their love. 

I really liked the introduction of some new faces too, particularly Sasha who Wells gets on with extremely well.  I was never keen on the love triangle between him, Clarke and Bellamy, so I'm glad Kass Morgan has introduced another female to the mix.        

'Day 21' was sheer brilliance and definitely got me out of my reading slump.  The only problem is that because it was so fantastic, I ended up reading it really quickly and now have a long wait for the next instalment.  I'm going to be on tenterhooks until then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails