Friday 12 November 2010

Book Blogger Hop and Follow My Book Blog Friday (11-15 November)

This week I am taking part in Friday's Book Blogger Hop, which is hosted by 
Crazy for Books


And I'm also joining in Follow My Book Blog Friday, which is hosted by Parajunkee's View


If you've just stumbled upon me via one of these, then welcome to my blog. I hope you find something that interests you!  The Hop and Follow Friday are great opportunities to visit lots of new blogs and meet like-minded book lovers from around the world.  I love taking part :)

I'm going to go and explore some of the other links over the weekend.  If you'd like to join in the fun too, then head on over to these sites, read the rules, post your own link and away you go :)

The question this week for the book hop is from Christina who blogs at The Paperback Princesses:

"If you find a book that looks interesting but is part of a series, do you always start with the first title?"
Most of the time I do like to read books in series order, I think it helps to understand the story and characters better.  Plus you never miss out on any important events or things you're supposed to know.  However, I do on occasion, read series out of order - usually when I've picked one of them up in the library and haven't been able to get hold of the other parts.   

The question for Follow My Book Blog Friday is: 

What is your usual monthly book budget?

I don't have a specific book budget set aside for each month.  I have zero willpower when it comes to books so if I see one I particularly want then I usually cave-in and buy it!  I'd go without food for books :) 

7 comments:

  1. new follower here. im talking brand spankin' new.

    my book budget? you know... i really should start setting a limit for myself. I always find myself in money troubles when it comes to how many books i purchase per month. do they have book buyers addicts classes. you know, like AA? but with... OH you get the point.

    pruesbookblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm an old follower, just stopping by from the hop.
    I agree with you about starting a book series in the middle. Its great to have the backstory. And my book budget is way too big. I cave so easily if I really want a book. Have a great weekend!
    Caroline, Words & Whispers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! New follower. I feel the same way, I'd go without food for books too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have worked in libraries and bookstores for so long, I am spoiled, spoiled, spoiled by all the ARCs I get. I'm lucky that my book budget is so small. But, I'm probably guilty of increasing other's budgets when I talk them into buying all the great stuff I've been reading. Isn't that awful? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following! I'm following back. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to have found you via the Hop and FF. I'm your newest follower!

    I have no willpower either and therefore no budget. If I see a book I want, I buy it if I can afford it. Simple as that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through and now following you! I try not to read a book series out of order. It seems rather confusing to pick up a third, or fourth, in a series.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails