Tuesday 12 October 2010

Teaser Tuesday #1

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading
  • Grab your read
  • Share two (2) "teaser sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away!  You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and the author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers
The Fool's Girl by Celia Rees


Goodreads synopsis:
Young and beautiful Violette may be of royal blood, but her kingdom is in shambles when she arrives in London on a mysterious mission.  Her journey has been long and her adventures many, but it is not until she meets the playwright William Shakespeare that she gets to tell the entire story from beginning to end.  Violetta and her comic companion, Feste, have come in search of an ancient holy relic that the evil Malvolio has stolen from their kingdom.  But where will their remarkable quest - and their most unusual story - lead?

Teaser:
"Man was revealed as maid; the Duke could marry his page.  The Countess was free to transfer her affection to the other twin, and Sebastian most happy to receive it.  The couples were joined in double celebration.  It was a golden time.  But as you well know sir, few stories end at the happy ever after" [Page 17].

I picked this book up from the library because I'm a huge Shakespeare fan and was intrigued by the idea of finding out what happened after 'Twelfth Night' ended.  I'm really enjoying it so far!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I like this! I am adding it to my TBR list. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesdays-in-hovering-flight.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my kind of book, but love the cover!

    You can read my teaser HERE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this book on my TBR list for awhile. I love Shakespeare too so I knew this book was something I'd enjoy. Great teaser and thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails