Friday 15 October 2010

Book Blogger Hop (15-18 October)

I am taking part in Friday's Book Blogger Hop, which is hosted by 
Crazy for Books

If you've just stumbled upon me via the hop, then welcome to my blog. I hope you find something that interests you!  The hop is a great opportunity to visit lots of new blogs and meet like-minded book lovers from around the world.  I love taking part :)

I'm going to go and explore some of the other links over the weekend.  If you'd like to join in the fun too, then head on over to Crazy for Books, read the rules, post your own link and away you go :)

The question this week for the book hop is from:-
 
"When you read a book that you just can't get into, do you stick it out and keep reading or move to your next title?"

This is a great question and quite a difficult one to answer!  I definitely hate giving up on a book, even if I'm really not enjoying it.  I always think that if I read just a little bit more then it might suddenly get better or something will happen that might completely change my view of the story.  I usually try to stick it out, although I might skim ahead a bit to see if it looks like improving.  I also hate not knowing the ending of a book (even if I don't finish it), so if I am going to call it quits then I'll probably sneak a peak at the last couple of pages.  On the other hand, there are literally thousands and thousands of books out there that I want to read so occasionally I think I should give up on move on to something else.

4 comments:

  1. You're a much more patient reader than I am. If I don't like a book, I don't read it. Simple as that.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hopping by! I wish I had as much patience as you, to at least attempt to finish a book I don't like.

    You can see my answer here: http://booksfromtheaddict.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that happening all the time, the less interested I am in the book I'm reading, the more I skim over it, looking for anything redeeming!!!

    New follower here :)

    Check out my Blog Hop and Follow Friday HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I found you through the hop. I'm a new follower.

    I hope you can check out my blog sometime

    -Elena
    http://elenasbookcafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love reading them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails